import help

placid Bulkan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 23:55:31 EDT 2006

Scott David Daniels wrote:

> placid wrote:
> > I have the following class code for a Node for a Linked List, (saved in
> > node.py)
> >
> > class Node :
> >     def __init__(self,element):
> >        self.element = element
> >        self.next = None
> >
> > then i have another module called LinkedList.py, with following code
> >
> > import sys
> > import node
> > def main():
> >    print "Does nothin ATM, as it doesnt work"
> > main()
> >
> > the problem im having is that im getting NameError exception when i run
> > LinkedList.py "global name 'Node' is not defined"
> >
> > Does anyone know what the problem is here?
>
> I have trouble believing you.  I suspect you are telling us what you

im not leaving anything out, im telling you what's happening

> think is happening, and leaving something vital out.  In particular,
> cut and paste the traceback.

here it is!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "LinkedList.py", line 7, in ?
    main()
  File "LinkedList.py", line 4, in main
    n = Node("test")
NameError: global name 'Node' is not defined

> Here's another experiment, interactively do:
>
>      import node
>      print node.__file__

>>> import node
>>> print node.__file__
node.py

> Perhaps that will tell you something.

More information, im using Windows XP Pro, these two files are in same
directory...