RELEASED Python 2.5 (alpha 1)

Michael Ekstrand michael at elehack.net
Wed Apr 5 09:34:28 EDT 2006

After reading AMK's survey of what's new in Python 2.5, I am suitably
impressed.  As usual, I can't wait to start using the cool new
features... extended generators? (mind is currently swimming with the
question of "can I implement Scheme's call-with-current-continuation
using extended generators".)

Anyway, the more important question that came to mind: I see that 2.5
will include the excellent ElementTree. Will cElementTree be included
where available? or is it only the pure-Python version that  will be in
the standard library?

- Michael

--
mouse, n: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
         -- Fortune