Tkinter vs PyGTK

Lunpa theLunpa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:06:58 EDT 2006

makes me wonder how useable pygui is now...

I made the mistake of using wxpython a while back... having something
that runs perfectly in windows, and *sorta* works in other platforms
hardly counts as cross platform, imho.  And they wonder why tkinter is
shipped with python while wxpython is not...

Personaly, I would just use Tkinter untill a new gui library comes
along that actualy works in platforms people use, not just the one the
dev prefers.  Setting up gtk in windows can be a daunting task for
some, though for projects that I know probably won't see the anyone
else's machine, I just use pygtk, for consistency with the rest of my
apps.

I guess this was slightly off topic, but I think its also important to
consider who might be using your apps when picking out a gui to use.