XML-RPC server via xinetd

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 16 16:13:19 EDT 2006

Jos Vos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to implement a XML-RPC server that
> is called by xinetd i.s.o. listening on a TCP socket itself.
>
> I already have implemented a stand-alone XML-RPC server using
> SimpleXMLRPCServer, but I now want something similar, that is
> started via xinetd (i.e. reading/writing via stdin/stdout).
>
> Any hints or code examples?
>
> Thanks,

Isn't this just a standard daemon functionality?
So if you could wrap up your program in a daemon like fashion (e.g.
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/py430/python/daemon.py) and then point the
xinetd configuration to the right script, it should just work?

Beware that I didn't try this myself yet ;-) though should do in the
near future so if you could give a head ups on your progress I would
appreciate it.

--
mph