(was Re: Xah's Edu Corner: Criticism vs Constructive Criticism)

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Fri Apr 28 13:00:14 EDT 2006

"Tagore Smith" <tagore at tagoresmith.com> wrote:

> It's much easier to use a killfile than to complain to an ISP, and I
> think that that should be the preferred response to messages you don't
> like.

No, since even if you kill file Xah Lee, he keeps wasting resources of
people who have dedicated equipment to support Usenet.

> Complaints to ISPs should be reserved for egregious abuse of the
> Usenet infrastructure.

I consider this abuse, and since the reports are taken serious atm, it
looks like the ISP / USP / hosting provider *agree* with my POV.

It's their call anyway.

Maybe you like to look away when someone throws garbage on the street,
thinking: who cares, it will be cleaned away by the end of the week. I
don't like the sight of it, and also know that some garbage ends up in the
sewer system, causing all kinds of problems.

--
John Bokma          Freelance software developer
                                &