Using pyinstaller to create an .exe, when using win32com

kbperry keith.b.perry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 15:37:27 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I am pretty confused on this?

While pyinstaller has a "MakeCOMServer.py" thing, it seems to blow up
every time I run it.  It keeps complaining that a dictionary that I
have has "TypeError: unscriptable object.", but when I run my code
normally (outside of trying to make an .exe), it runs perfectly.  The
dictionary doesn't have any data in it, until I call a method to grab
some data from a file.

Has anyone else tried to use this?  What is the best way to create an
.exe when using the win32com module?  I found makeExe.py that uses
py2exe.py, but I didn't have any luck with that either.  I did some
searching, too, but to no avail.

Please Help!

Keith