zlib and zip files

Jan Prochazka jena.forum at centrum.cz
Fri Apr 14 11:43:42 EDT 2006

Felipe Almeida Lessa napsal(a):

>Em Sex, 2006-04-14 às 17:14 +0200, Jan Prochazka escreveu:
>

>>Here is my module for parsing zip files:
>>

>1) Have you checked the source of Python's zipfile module?

Nice, i thought, that zipfile is written in C, it should be possible to
solve my problem using these sources, thanks very much

>>import struct, zlib
>>
>>class ZipHeaderEntry:
>>    name = ''
>>    offset = 0
>>    uncomlen = 0
>>    comlen = 0
>>

>2) You know that those variables are *class* vars, not instance vars,
>right?

yes i know, i use the fact, that class variables are implicit values for
instance variables (also it is my style of documenting used instance
variables and their types)

>3) I didn't read your code, but have you considered
>http://pyconstruct.sourceforge.net/ ?

i use python standard module struct, which solves it