multiline comments

Edward Elliott nobody at 127.0.0.1
Wed Apr 19 02:34:28 EDT 2006

Ben Finney wrote:
> Indeed. Using revision control means never needing to comment out
> blocks of code.

Typing (* and *) on a few line will always be quicker, easier, and less
confusing than any rcs diffs/restores.  Once you delete the code you can no
longer see it or add pieces back in without retrieving it from an external
store.  I'm not saying nested comments solve every problem, just that there
exists a certain (perhaps small) class of problems they solve particularly
well.

Personally, I rarely leave code commented out beyond a single coding
session.  But my particular coding habits aren't relevant here.