Difference in Python and Ruby interactive shells

Lou Pecora pecoraREMOVE at THISanvil.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Apr 4 12:02:29 EDT 2006

In article <1144164876.820737.229810 at i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
 "Michele Simionato" <michele.simionato at gmail.com> wrote:

> You want this recipe from Michael Hudson:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/160164
>
>  	"automatically upgrade class instances on reload()"

Impressive, but YIKES, there ought to be a simpler way to do this.  I
think during the development phase editing and reloading would be very
common and you'd want everything updated.  So why is it done the other
way, the reference stays the same?  Is that useful?  Maybe time for a
'switch' to set in Python to choose which behavior you want.

-- Lou Pecora  (my views are my own) REMOVE THIS to email me.