ftp putting information in a variable

Arne arne.meissner at gmx.de
Sat Apr 8 06:44:41 EDT 2006

Hello!I am looking for a way to put ftp returns in a variable.My OS is XP and I want to get the owner of a file. So I have to connect to ftp. But I am stacked with how I can receive this information and put it in a variable.Thanks! ArneHere is a intend of doing thisfrom ftplib import FTP
ftp = FTP('ftp.cwi.nl')   # connect to host, default port
ftp.login()               # user anonymous, passwd anonymous
 ftp.retrlines('LIST')     # list directory contents.....