efficiency of range() and xrange() in for loops

Azolex cretin at des.alpes.ch
Wed Apr 5 22:36:00 EDT 2006

Steve R. Hastings wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 02:33:16 +0200, Azolex wrote:
>> Don't. It's quite funny, thanks.
>
> I guess I should laugh.  :-/
>

> When you read my original articles, did *you* think I was proposing that
> range() be changed to always return an iterator?  I thought what I wrote
> was pretty clear...

I just re-read your original post, and in fact this appears to have been
your drift with "is there any chance this optimization could be added
?". Anyway that wasn't really controversial (since indeed, as was noted
by John Salerno who first replied to you, it is slated for py3k - and
with good reason).