Looking for resources for making the jump from Java to Python easier and more productive

Chris Lambacher chris at kateandchris.net
Sat Apr 22 16:00:07 EDT 2006

http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/python-is-not-java.html
http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/java-is-not-python-either.html
http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/python-interfaces-are-not-java.html

This link seems to be down at the moment.
http://naeblis.cx/rtomayko/2004/12/15/the-static-method-thing

The above articles were really helped me understand the python way of doining
things.  In particular they mention language features that may be named the
same and do similar things, but would be used for totally different reasons in
the two languages.

I hope you find them as helpful as I did.

-Chris