Forms with multiple submit buttons vs 'form' objects with single 'submit' methods

neil.fitzgerald at ic.ac.uk neil.fitzgerald at ic.ac.uk
Thu Apr 13 15:26:52 EDT 2006

Hi all,

  I'm using pywin to write a script that will commandeer internet
explorer to go to a certain website, where it will navigate menus, post
forms, and eventually retrieve certain data.

  Here's my question:  Suppose a form has more than one submit button.
Now the COM 'form' object has a 'submit' method that doesn't take any
arguments, so how do I tell it which button I want to press?

  I'll be *unbelievably* grateful, for the rest of my natural life, to
whomever has the answer to this.

  (Yeah, I realize it's more of a COM question than a Python question.
If you know of a more suitable group, or a website where such questions
are dealth with then by all means redirect me.  I'll be exceedingly
grateful, though perhaps not for the rest of my natural life.)

Neil