list of functions question

val bykoski val at vtek.com
Wed Apr 26 20:38:28 EDT 2006

Hi The List:
   I have a modeling app where i'm detecting events (in temporal
dynamics) applying a set of (boolean) functions - kind of:

event_list = "f1 f2 etc".split()  # each fi detects a specific event
i have defs for functions fi, or simple boolean expressions for each, so
that evList is a list of defs or boolean expressions
for ev in evList:
    if ev:	# this supposedly is a call ev(t)
       # doing smth with the event

    I didn't succeed, though, (blindly) trying various options.
I thought/tried "apply()" but couldn't get it work.
I'd appreciate pointers to how to handle this kind of
functions or events lists (or objects?) and how to call those
functions in a loop.
    thanks,val