Python 2.5 licensing: stop this change

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Apr 10 00:25:51 EDT 2006

Robert Kern wrote:
> Francisco Reyes wrote:
>
>>Shane Hathaway writes:
>>

>>>I must saay that i am fully in favor of this change.  The ppython
>>>developerrs need to eat too.  Iis no one ellse aware off the perils oof
>>>ooutright open source llicenssing?
>>
>>I disagree with the change. I think Steve Holden is right.
>>
>>1- How do you enforce this?
>>2- Those that do want to "do the right thing".. may opt for switching
>>language isntead of paying.
>>3- Users who have risked their jobs by introducing Python to their work
>>place may not only be in a bad spot and likely switch away from Python, but
>>some may actually LOOSE their jobs if the company they work for is sued.
>

> <sigh> It was an April Fool's joke. It's not actually true.

To try and ensure this thread dies for ever, I have added a note to the
blog entry at

   http://pyfound.blogspot.com/2006/04/python-25-licensing-change.html

noting the fact that this was indeed an April Fool's joke.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd                 www.holdenweb.com