How do I set the __debug__ flag in a win32com server?

ago xivulon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 11:43:19 EDT 2006

Hi all,

When I use my win32com.server object from an excel client, the python
process running the server always has __debug__==True. When using a
python client the __debug__ flag for the server is determined by the
client (i.e. if I start the client with 'python -o client.py' then
__debug__ == False both for the server and the client). But when
running it from excel I cannot do that. Registering the com server with
debug=false does not seem to have anything to do with the __debug__
flag. Is it possible to change the flag at all?