time conversions [hh:mm:ss.ms <-> sec(.ms)

kpp9c kp8 at mac.com
Fri Apr 28 04:39:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

I was looking at python & datetime and hoping that it would already
have
a method/func to translate time formats. I need to translate seconds to
hh:mm:ss.ms and vice versa and would like the ability to do some basic
arithmetic in these formats. I think that there just has to be a
package
or module out there that already does this with reasonable speed and
accuracy.

Sadly, i do indeed need both reasonable speed and accuracy since i will
be adding up huge masses of small events (around 10 to 60 ms
milliseconds
in length) to create cloud like textures for real time audio/video at
high sampling rates.

i googled for hh:mm:ss.ms + python and didn't find much...

best,

-kp---

[mac os x w/ python 2.4.1]