Fixing Python instalation in win2000 by hand

Sambo sambo at void.com
Fri Apr 14 12:20:57 EDT 2006

Some time ago I bought a newer computer with W2000 already on it so I moved my old drive
to it as secondary( python was installed on non primary partition ).
Not sure if the .msi installers were broken before, but they are now (on this installation)
and the reason I can't move to brand new installation is because I am missing sound drivers.
I have copied 3 files from my d:\winnt\system32 (old C:) pywintypes24.dll, pythoncom24.dll
(mod 11/10/2004 4:26am) and python24.dll (mod 18/11/2004 6:55pm)
As a result I can now run python.exe but not pythonw.exe
Is there anything else I need and what, if anything, should be in my PYTHONPATH
"f:\Python24\Lib" ? ?? Although if I type import os it has no problem.

Thanks in advance,

Sam