can someone explain why ..

Schüle Daniel uval at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Apr 25 19:18:56 EDT 2006

Farshid Lashkari schrieb:
> Schüle Daniel wrote:
>> I don't understand what is the difference between commented lines
>> 1 and 2
>>
>> with 1 uncommented and 2 commented it works as expected
>> with 1 commented and 2 uncommented the picture doesn't appear
>

> I'm not familiar with Tkinter, but it seems as thought with 2, the
> "image" variable is garbage collected after the constructor of Main is
> called. With 1, you save a reference to the image, so it does not get
> garbage collected.

thx for quick reply :)

image is local variable of imageLabel
I would expect that in case imageLabel lives, it should
hold alife objects bound to its local variables

I am just curious *why* reference to image is not hold by imageLabel
which on his part is hold by frame1 .. which is hold by global root

Regards, Daniel