Calling Python from Matlab

Kelvie Wong kelvie at ieee.org
Sat Apr 15 19:45:08 EDT 2006

I have a suspicion it is the collaborative effort that is the problem
here -- I try to use Python whenever possible for
engineering/numerical analysis, but the established industry standard
(for most disciplines of engineering) is still MATLAB.

Although Python is arguably better in most respects, especially being
a full-blown programming language (and modules such as SciPy and NumPy
are just great), but it's hard to expect your co-workers to be using
Python for analysis also.