setting up mod_python handlers on a server?

Tue Apr 11 10:14:05 EDT 2006

I get this internal error message when I try to access a PSP page:

"Invalid command 'PythonHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the server configuration"

So it seems that mod_python is not fully configured yet to handled PSP
pages. When I check the installed Apache handlers, there is an entry
called "mod_python .psp" where the first term is the handler and the
second is the extension. I also tried adding "PythonHandler" as it
appears in the htaccess file, but nothing is working. Sometimes the HTML
is displayed, and other times I get a 500 Internal Server Error page.

I had assumed when a server has mod_python installed, you can start
using PSP functionality automatically, but I guess there's more work to
do to set it up. Can anyone tell me what else I might need to do? Add
another handler, perhaps?

Thanks.