how do you use pickle?

Tue Apr 4 15:29:24 EDT 2006

Pythor wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:

>>> Ok, frustration has set in again. I see the file name in the source
>>> code, but am I meant to actually access a file, or just use the name
>>> itself? I also had to look up what 'banner' meant in Unix, which wasn't
>>> a very fun thing to have to do for a Python puzzle.
>> Ah, I should have known we weren't done with URL manipulation yet. Now I
>> just need to figure out what to do with this source code.
>
> Incidentally, there's a forum specifically for posting an receiving
> hints on the challenges here:
>
> http://www.pythonchallenge.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1
>
> Not that I mind helping. ;)

Yeah, I read the whole thread for this level and even posted a question,
but the forums are pretty dead. Not only that, but I'm starting to get
the feeling that these challenges are going to require a little more
programming expertise than I have, because all of the 'hints' are still
too vague for me.

Like I said in my post on the hints forum, I really enjoy figuring out
how to use Python to solve the puzzles, but it's not very fun when I
don't know *what* to do in the first place, and I think knowing what to
do has a lot to do with how experienced you are with certain CS subjects
and how quickly you can identify the problem and a possible solution.
All I see is huge bunch of string characters with no idea what to do
with it to extract any kind of information.