Problems with current value of wx.SpinCtrl and EVT_SPIN

blackno666 f.petri at steinbichler.de
Sun Apr 9 18:01:09 EDT 2006

Just found a solution to the problem:

when using wx.EVT_SPINCTRL instead of wx.EVT_SPIN_UP, wx.EVT_SPIN_DOWN
or wx.EVT_SPIN the program behaves correctly.

wxWidget documentation for wxSpinCtrl states that "You may also use the
wxSpinButton event macros, however the corresponding events will not be
generated under all platforms"; I ran the program on WinXP SP2.
However, the events seem to be handled (at least EVT_SPIN_UP,
wx.EVT_SPIN_DOWN). So I do not understand why handling these events
leads to a buggy behaviour.