"The World's Most Maintainable Programming Language"

Mirco Wahab peace.is.our.profession at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 04:02:30 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> There is an article on oreilly.net's OnLamp site called "The World's
> Most Maintainable Programming Language"
> (http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2006/03/the_worlds_most_maintainable_p.html).

There is one really interessting (imho) point
in the last part that struck me down:

 Aside from a formal specification, which I hope to
 produce in the near future, the language needs a name.
 Here is where many modern languages have done well.
 Perl, named after Pearl Biggar (Larry Wall’s fiancée),
 Ruby (named after Ruby Kusanagi Matsumoto, Yukihiro
 Matsumoto’s youngest daughter), Ada (named after
 Charles Babbage’s first programming student,
 Ada Lovelace), and COBOL (named after Colleen
 Bolero, the heroine of a Ravel operetta) have
 set a high standard for naming techniques.

OMG!

Did you people know that already ;-)

Regards

M.