CGI scripts

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Apr 19 02:38:08 EDT 2006

"Jay" <first180 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Can I use Python for CGI scripts. It is telling me to use Perl and I
>don't know any
>
>To be honest I don't really no what CGI scripts are (soz)
>
>I have purchased a domain name of my ISP PIPEX and 100MB space

According to the Pipex web page, if you got their low-end hosting package
based on Linux, you get PHP4, PHP5, or Perl.  No Python.

Perhaps you should have checked your requirements before you spent money on
a web host.  There are many good, inexpensive web hosting companies that do
allow Python scripting.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.