very very basic question

aghazalp aghazalp at ucla.edu
Sun Apr 2 16:52:08 EDT 2006

hi guys,
this would be the most basic question ever...I am not a programmer but
I am trying to learn programming in python...I was reading John Zelle's
text book and instructed me to make .py file and save it on the desk
top...then it said close the python GUI and double click on the icon of
the I just made and that should run the program...well, the good news
is that it does but when I input a number for calculation and press the
enter key the program closes...Does any one know what the problem is?

thanx a bunch
andy