best way to install python modules on linux

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Sat Apr 8 03:50:13 EDT 2006

Hi to all,

thanks for your ideas! I just figured out a different way
using archlinux 'pacman' (package management tool like apt).
As a former archlinux user I am more used to adjust those
PKDBUILDs (kind of ebuilds under archlinux) than adjusting
debian packages. The downside is that apt does not know
anything about those installed packages (just like with
easyinstall and checkinstall). I am not sure, if is the best
way, but the installation of numpy and scipy almost worked ;-)

Starting numpy gives me:
  import numpy
  import linalg -> failed: /usr/lib/3dnow/libf77blas.so.2: undefined symbol: e_wsfe

Which looks pretty odd for me!?

Greetings!
 Fabian