jpype and zxJDBC

benchline benchline at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 17:58:22 EDT 2006

No luck yet with the python db api.

I keep getting this error when trying to create a
com.ziclix.python.sql.PyConnection object:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jpype/_jpackage.py", line 53,
in __call__
    raise TypeError, "Package "+self.__name+" is not Callable"
TypeError: Package com.ziclix.python.sql.PyConnection is not Callable

But if I use jython on the same machine and create the PyConnection
object (I checked and the jython jar file is loaded fine both times) it
works.

So, I decided to try to see if I could use jdbc from cpython using
jpype and that works great.  It's quite a bit faster then using jython
and the db api on the same database my tests too.