Query regarding support for IPv6 in python

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Wed Apr 26 11:18:43 EDT 2006

Pramod TK enlightened us with:
> 1. Does python support IPv6? [128 bit IP addresses?]

Yes.

> 2. Does it support setting of QoS flags?

No idea.

> 3. Does it support tunneling of IPv6 on a IPv4 network?

IIRC that's the OS's job, not Python's.

> 4. If an IPv4 address is given, does it support this on a IPv6
> network?

It does if you use the compatability notation ::ffff:127.0.0.1

> Is this new function getaddrinfo() of IPv6 is supported in Win32
> Extensions for python.

I don't know anything about windows.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa