pre-PEP: The create statement

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 11:31:28 EDT 2006

Tim N. van der Leeuw wrote:
> Could this still make it in Python 2.5 even? If it's pushed hard
> enough? I don't know if this has been discussed on the python-dev
> mailing lists and what the reactions of python-devs and GvR was?

Unlikely. I haven't posted it to python-dev yet, and they've basically
said that anything that isn't yet in the release schedule (`PEP 356`_)
won't make it into Python 2.5.  I will try to post it there soon though
as it seems like it's gotten pretty good feedback.

.. _PEP 356: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0356/

STeVe