New Karrigel page in Wikipedia

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 13 09:18:26 EDT 2006

Luis M. González schreef:
> For those interested in the simplest, easiest and most pythonic web
> framework out there, there's a new page in Wikipedia:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karrigell

There's something I don't quite get regarding the Karrigell- and
CherryPy-style frameworks. With PHP or mod_python I can put any number
of different applications in different directories on a web server,
which is very convenient: all kinds of things I want to use can live
perfectly together (static content, webmail, phpmysql etc etc), all
under Apache which either servers the static content directly or uses
PHP or Python or Perl or whatever for dynamic content.

If I understand everything correctly, Karrigell is meant to be run as
its own server which runs one application. I guess I can run different
Karrigell servers on different ports, and possibly use mod_rewrite to
forward e.g. http://foo.example.com/app1 and http://foo.example.com/app2
to different instances. That's absolutely not elegant though, I think.
Ideally, installing an application should consist of just putting it in
its directory and making that directory available to the webserver.

How do other people do this? Only one application on each (virtual)
server? Or is there something I am missing?

Roel Schroeven