Ironpython book?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Apr 18 09:22:25 EDT 2006

> I suspected. I've played with Linux distros, but never a Mac. That
> takes more $$ than M$, and Apple is even more proprietary than MS, if
> you ask me.

Depends. Sure, if you dive into Cocoa programming and stuff. But you have to
keep in mind that under the hood it's BSD - and even runs a X-Server if you
want to. So I can use all my Linux staples + have a fancy OS for
multimedia-stuff.

> It interests me how many Open Source advocates and
> anti-Microsoft folks are willing to pay top dollar for Macs, which I
> guess means that, for them, it's less a Cathedral vs. Bazaar thing and
> more about It Works vs. It Doesn't?

I can't comment on this in general, but on the CCC (Chaos Communication
Congress, a Hacker-con) last year the notebook-distribution was like this:

30% Macs
30% ThinkPads
40% rest

So - it seems that quality is important, and of course any decent Hacker
will run a *nixish OS.

Diez