not quite 1252

Anton Vredegoor anton.vredegoor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 07:21:04 EDT 2006

Serge Orlov wrote:

> I extracted content.xml from a test file and the header is:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> So any xml library should handle it just fine, without you trying to
> guess the encoding.

Yes my header also says UTF-8. However some kind person send me an
e-mail stating that since I am getting \x94 and such output when using
repr (even if str is giving correct output) there could be some problem
with the XML-file not being completely UTF-8. Or is there some other
reason I'm getting these \x94 codes? Or maybe this is just as it should
be and there's no problem at all? Again?

Anton

'octopussies respond only off-list'