wxPython problem

scottholdensmith at gmail.com scottholdensmith at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 11:56:45 EDT 2006

I'm a little confused. I installed wxPython on my Thinkpad T23, on
which I'm running Fedora Core 5. I did it using Yum and Yumex, and
everything installed fine. In fact, I now have PyShell and PyCrust in
my applications. Within those two apps I can use wx as a module. But
from the bash shell, when I use the same old Python interpreter, I
can't use the wx module. It's there, under
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/ (under that
directory there are several directories: wx, wxPython). I don't know
what to do now. Do I need to move the wx directory up directly under
the site-packages directory?

Please help, thanks...