Numpy and cPickle

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 23:01:10 EDT 2006

Martin Manns wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I cPickle a numpy array under Linux and un-cPickle it under Solaris
> 10, my arrays seem to be transposed. Is there any way to get the same
> behavior on both platforms without testing which platform the python
> script runs on and then transposing the array?
>
> I am using python 2.4.2 and numpy 0.9.6 on both machines.

Transposed? That's odd. There was a byteorder issue with pickles going across
differently-endianed platforms that was fixed in the past few days. Could you
come up with a small bit of code that shows the problem and post it and the
incorrect output to the bug tracker?

  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/newticket

Thank you!

--