scanning for numerals / letters

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.nospam.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 21:36:15 EDT 2006

What about this?

import re
if not form.get('date'):
        print "Tsk! No date entered."
        raise Exception

if re.search('[a-zA-Z]', form.get('date')):
        print "Tsk! No fancy date words."
        raise Exception

date = form.get('date')

if not form.get('purchases'):
        print "Tsk! Are you buying or not?"
        raise Exception

if re.search('[0-9]', form.get('purchases')):
        print "Tsk! For some reason, you can't buy anything with numbers in it."
        raise Exception

purchases = form.get('purchases')

--
Dale Strickland-Clark