mod_python and PHP sharing same session

Scott rsdavis at linuxden.com
Mon Apr 3 10:59:03 EDT 2006

I am trying to get a mod_python application to read an existing PHP
session.  I need some data that was set in the session by the PHP
application.  I am using the mod_python Session class but even when I
specify the session id that PHP uses the Sesssion(req, sid) call
returns a new session id.  The session file exists in /tmp as
mp_sess.dbm and I have verified that PHP is reading/writing it and from
what I have read mod_python will use the same file.  I have used the
PythonOption session DbmSession in the Apache configuration to force
this and specified the filename as well but to no avail.

Has anyone attermpted what I am trying to perform and if so a short
snippet of code or explanation of how to interface to PHP session via
mod_python would be great.  I am not an experiecne PHP users but have
used mod_python extensively.
Scott