Python editing with emacs/wordstar key bindings.

Carl Banks invalidemail at aerojockey.com
Thu Apr 13 17:01:51 EDT 2006

Thomas Bartkus wrote:
> I do notice that I can invoke wordstar-mode *after* loading the .py file and
> get the whole enchilada.  The Wordstar key bindings with the syntax
> highlighting.
> It just strikes me as odd that key bindings should be reasserted by invoking
> python-mode.

Ah--you're only thinking of syntax highlighting.  Now it makes sense.

Try putting these lines in your .emacs:

(defun use-wordstar-for-python () (wordstar-mode))
(add-hook 'python-mode-hook 'use-wordstar-for-python)

There might be a "right" way to get syntax highlighting without setting
the major mode (if not, there ought to be), but this should do the
trick for you.

Carl Banks