Type-Def-ing Python

brianlum at gmail.com brianlum at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 04:56:05 EDT 2006

Dear Python Community,

I have been trying to research how to type-def python.  I want to
type-def python so that I can use it as a static analyzer to check for
bugs.  I have been going over research on this field and I came upon
Brett Cannon's thesis in which he tweaks the compiler and shows that
type-defing python would not help the compiler achieve a 5% performace
increase.

Brett Cannon, "Localized Type Inference of Atomic Types in Python":
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bac/thesis.pdf

I was wondering if anyone had his contact information so that I could
might ask him for his source code and try to use type-defing as a
bug-finder.

With thanks,
Brian