Plug-Ins In A Python Application

redefined.horizons at gmail.com redefined.horizons at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 12:58:12 EDT 2006

Its the Java developer again...

I'm working on an application framework that I would like to implement
in Python. Part of the application framework is a plug-in model that is
similar to the one used in Eclipse.

Is it possible to load and use "modules" containing plug-in code
written by third party developers into a running instance of the
framework? How would I do this? Do I need to "dynamically load" the
module at runtime? (I will scan a folder in the application direcotry
for XML files containing information about the plug-ins, including the
modules that implement them.)

Thanks,

Scott Huey