XML-RPC server via xinetd

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 16 20:07:37 EDT 2006

Jos Vos wrote:
<cut>

> The problem is that the server initialization *requires* a server
> address (host, port pair), but I don't see how to tell it to use
> the stdin socket (and I'm afraid this is not possible, but I'm not
> sure).

If I understood it correctly you want the python server bind be
depending on whatever is configured in xinetd.conf and not be defined in
the your program itself?

I tested a bit around with my FreeBSD machine but indeed the OS
environment gives me nothing interesting back, leaving that option out
but I do can specify command line arguments so you could pick them up
with sys.argv.

I looked up how you can specify arguments in xinetd and according to
various resources I filtered out (gotta over these gnu type
documentation...) that you can use "server_args" in the per service
configuration to specify arguments.

Although not really elegant it is doable to do an on the fly port binding.

Now I just hope I understood your problem :-)

--
mph