How can I call a python method from the XML-RPC client in Java?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 23 03:13:45 EDT 2006

evelyne0510 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all, I have created a XML-RPC model (with server and client)
> written in Java. I want to call the methods in another XML-RPC model
> written in Python. I know that in Java, I can use like
> "xmlrpc_client.excute("handler_name.method", param)" to call the
> methods in my xml-rpc server written in java. But how can I call the
> methods in Python? I cannot creat a handler in my Python XML-RPC
> server.....
>
> Is there anyone able to help me? I would be very appreciate!

It's not clear to me what you are trying to do: Do you want to
know how to write certain Java code (as the subject line
suggests), or how to write certain Python code (as "I cannot
create a handle in my Python XML-RPC server" suggests").

I'm going by the subject: As a first step, please try calling
the demo server in SimpleXMLRPCServer in Java. To do this,
start the demo servre, point your Java client to
http://localhost:8000/RPC2, and invoke
xmlrpc_client("add", new args[]{1, 2}) (or some such, I'm not sure
how parameter passing in your library works).

You are right that there typically is no "handler" in Python,
so you just omit the handler_name part of the method string.

Regards,
Martin