Ironpython book?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Apr 19 14:06:53 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:

> But it sounds like, from Fred's post, that work is still being done on
> it. My main point in asking was just that I hadn't heard as much about
> it as IronPython lately, and I was just curious what the community would
> think about two competing .NET implementations, since a big part of
> Python is having one main way to do everything (I think).

are we talking about two different things here, perhaps ?

the "Python for .Net" tool I'm talking about is an integration tool that
lets you use CPython and CPython extensions together with CLR stuff,
while IronPython is a pure-CLR implementation of Python.

there was also, once upon a time, an experimental Python compiler for
the .Net platform:

    http://starship.python.net/~skippy/dotnet/index.html

but that project was abandoned years ago.

</F>