(was Re: Xah's Edu Corner: Criticism vs Constructive Criticism)

Tagore Smith tagore at tagoresmith.com
Sat Apr 29 02:54:21 EDT 2006

John Bokma wrote:
> "Tagore Smith" <tagore at tagoresmith.com> wrote:
>
> > Try
> > sending mail to abuse at (any of my) desmesne(s). You won't get a
> > response- in fact, no-one will read your mail.
>
> Then you come close to being RFC ignorant IMO. Couldn't be bothered to
> check it out.

I don't care much about the RFC. I'd like to actually handle abusive
users. But people report abuse for all kinds of strange reasons. It
seems that believing in "Darwinism" is a form of abuse... go figure.
That's actually my point. You are helping to ensure that abuse is
tolerated.  We stopped reading the abuse account for a reason.

> > I'm not sure that Xah's post was offtopic, and I am not sure how to
> > determine that objectively.
>
> An excessive crosspost is hardly ever on topic.

Now you are just being dishonest.

> > I am sure that it was excessively
> > crossposted. I also know that Xah was posting to Usenet a long time
> > before you,
>
> Could be, oldest post I could find of myself:
> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.acorn/msg/c1a1f50a7fc6f3a4?
> dmode=source>
>
> But is this a pissing contest?

No- if it were you would no longer have internet access.