check whether a value is scalar

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Apr 23 13:41:57 EDT 2006

"Eli" <eli.hen at gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue is I want to keep a set of values to share among several
> applications in different languages, and only scalar values can be
> shared. Since objects are not the same in all languages, it's possible
> to share only simple values.

I can assure you that people who've implemented various kinds of
RPC protocols and cross-language bindings would be rather surprised
to hear that you've discovered that it's impossible to do what they've
done.

I'm not entirely convinced that you know what you're talking about,
really.  Maybe you should spend a little more time studying prior art ?

</F>