py.test munging strings in asserts?

Johnny deBris johnny at johnnydebris.net
Fri Apr 21 03:30:21 EDT 2006

Timothy Grant wrote:

> granted the left side of that equality could be messed up due to
> create_output() NOT doing the right thing. But the right side is
> simply the contents of the variable "text" so WHY is the first part of
> the path being substituted with "..."?

Some grepping on '...' revealed that there's some string munging going
on in py/code/safe_repr.py, In py/test/terminal/terminal.py, in
TerminalSession, there's a method 'repr_locals' that uses it, I guess
you have to override that or something if you want to change this
behaviour...

Cheers,

Guido Wesdorp