drag and drop to icon

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Apr 12 12:37:13 EDT 2006

I have a small problem that may be best solved by dragging and dropping
a mail message to an icon.  But I'm honestly not sure what the data will
look like from different e-mail clients.  Since most of my programming
experience is something a user rarely sees, I'm not even sure where to
start creating a test case.

I would appreciate pointers to documentation (and yes I did Google
before asking) how to create an icon on a desktop (Macintosh and
Windows) and have that icon act on something which has been dropped on it.

many thanks for any assistance

---eric