the whole 'batteries included' idea

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Thu Apr 20 16:38:08 EDT 2006

John Salerno napisał(a):

> So my question is, what is the difference between Python's 'batteries'
> (standard modules), and C#'s framework? I know nothing of Java, but I
> assume it has its own rich (and confusing) set of classes as well. Is
> there something different about other languages' libraries/frameworks
> that makes Python's different, and worthy of being touted as 'batteries
> included'?

I can speak only for Java -- its batteries are not included, you have to
download jakarta-commons plus (since Python 2.5) JDOM to get the effect
similar to Python's stdlib. Java library only seems to be complete (i.e.
when looking on included classes), but its support for common
programming tasks is just inadequate.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/