Calling Python from Matlab

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 19:00:08 EDT 2006

I'm afraid I can't be very helpful to you, but you could be most
helpful to some of us.

Can you elaborate on what specifically you found difficult? In some
circles Python is regarded as a direct competitor to Matlab. Your
preference for Python for "other things than standard mathematical
work" in a scientific or engineering context could be most useful if
you have some real-world examples.

Also, can you elaborate on what (if anything) it is about Matlab that
you feel you can't replicate in Python? Are you aware of matplotlib and
numpy?

thanks
mt