Hooking things up in GUI application

Ryan Ginstrom ryang at gol.com
Tue Apr 25 09:44:47 EDT 2006

> Behalf Of sturlamolden
> If you use PyGTK (it also runs on Windows), you can design
> the GUI with
> GLADE and then use libglade to import the gui as an xml-resource.

Yes, I've tried something similar with wxGlade. Nice, but it doesn't seem to
remove the most tedious work -- hooking up handlers (although it does help
here, at the cost of some behind-the-scenes magic), and getting data into and
out of GUI widgets. That's the kind of boilerplate code that makes GUI
development a pain in my opinion -- the actual GUI design/layout isn't so
bad, especially with the spacer layout concept.

--
Regards,
Ryan Ginstrom